Join us for the 2nd Annual Colorado Industrial Hemp Awards & Festival hosted by GrowHempColorado.com
When: March 5 & 6, 2016
Cost: $25 per day or $45 for both days (prepaid only)
Day of Event - $35 single day or $60 both days
Read Press Release HERE
Event Schedule is below - subject to change
The 2nd Annual Colorado Industrial Hemp Awards & Festival on will be held on March 5 and 6, 2016 at the Boulder County Fair Grounds, hosted by GrowHempColorado.com.
This is Colorado’s original hemp event geared toward education for farmers, Native Americans and tribes, hemp entrepreneurs and the public. The event will provide an outlet for sellers and buyers of viable low-THC industrial hemp seed, hemp raw materials and products made out of hemp.
The event is timed to help with preparations for the Spring 2016 planting season.
The event will feature talks and workshops on many aspects of industrial hemp, including:
- Alex White Plume, a Native American who was the first modern farmer to cultivate industrial hemp
- State Senator Vicki Marble (R-Ft. Collins), who will receive an award for Most Supportive & Progressive State Senator
- The new Colorado Hemp Seed Certification Program Workshop with the Colorado Department of Agriculture & Colorado State University
- Hemp product and business insurance options
- Hemp testing
- Industrial hemp and banking challenges
- Where to find viable hemp seed
- Plant patents, trademark and license use of hemp genetics
- How to legally protect, patent, license the use of hemp genetics as well as hemp insurance
- How to cook with hemp, hemp processing, hemp investing, and much more
Vendors and distributors will include:
- Colorado Department of Agriculture - Colorado State University - Colorado Seed Growers Association - Viable Hemp Seed - Hemp CBD Products - Hemp Farmers - Hemp food, using organically grown Colorado hemp seed for the first time featured at this event - Hemp processing - Hemp educational opportunities - Hemp animal products (this is pet friendly event)- And more!
The Awards Ceremony will highlight major accomplishment and efforts from 2015 from individuals and companies involved in industrial hemp.
The awards will include winners of the unique Hemp Cannabinoid Competition, the first of its kind in the country, which highlights the beneficial uses of cannabinoids other than THC. Awards will be given for Best Hemp CBD concentrate, Best Hemp Whole Plant Concentrate, Best Hemp Product with CBD and Highest Cannabinoid Level in raw or processed hemp materials other than THC or CBD. All submissions must be 0.3% THC or less.
Samples entered will be the first in the state to be tested with the RFID tag protocol with RM3 labs in Boulder, CO leading the way as the first state-certified lab to be trained and approved to do the hemp testing in accordance with SB-196.
State Senator Vicki Marble will be receiving the Most Supportive & Progressive State Senator for Hemp, recognizing her support and hard work on SB196, the first pro-cannabis bill to be unanimously passed , which solidified access to state approved labs for hemp testing, hemp seed certification and further protections from law enforcement for possession, transportation and cultivation of industrial hemp.
Other awards will be given for Best Hemp Lobbyist, Most Successful Hemp Harvest, Most Supportive State Agency/Employed and more. Awards start at 4:20pm on Saturday March 5, 2016. Schedule is on website for workshops, awards, and more.
Viable low-THC industrial hemp seed and low-THC/high-CBD female hemp plants will be available for order and purchase at this event. Farmers and buyers are encouraged to attend, as well as Native Americans and tribes who are growing hemp or interested in growing hemp or those interested in working with them.
The event is dedicated each year to Alex White Plume, a Native American from the Oglala Lakota tribe from the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. White Plume became the first modern-day industrial hemp farmer when he planted low-THC hemp on the reservation in 2000. That crop, and crops in subsequent years, were destroyed by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration, even though the reservation is a sovereign state. White Plume was instrumental in calling worldwide attention to industrial hemp and the economic benefits it can provide. Alex White Plume will be at the event all weekend and a private VIP Meet & Greet after the Awards will be catered by Hemp Way Foods and Dagabi Cucuina located in Boulder, CO – RSVP ONLY.
NOTE TO PRESS: Alex White Plume is available for interviews about the history of industrial hemp and his new hemp product line. Please contact Grow Hemp Colorado if you wish to arrange an interview.
VENDORS: Vendor and sponsorship opportunities are available but limited, so vendors should apply soon if interested. Vendors please CLICK HERE for more info.
For more information, please contact:
Grow Hemp Colorado
Event Info Page/Tickets: http://growhempcolorado.com/index.php/hemp-events/new-2nd-annual-hemp-awards-festival
Please note that this is not a marijuana event and there will not be any public consumption allowed.
Click HERE to learn how to apply Discount Code